22.2524, Qs: Survey: Na'vi Research Study

Fri Jun 17 15:40:30 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2524. Fri Jun 17 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2524, Qs: Survey: Na'vi Research Study

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 14-Jun-2011
From: Christine Schreyer [christine.schreyer at ubc.ca]
Subject: Survey: Na'vi Research Study

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:38:34
From: Christine Schreyer [christine.schreyer at ubc.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2524.html&submissionid=4523296&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Kaltxì, my name is Christine Schreyer and I am an assistant professor
of Anthropology at UBC (Okanagan campus). Recently, I taught a
course that focused partially on created languages, including Na'vi,
and I have since become intrigued by the large numbers of people who
are learning the Na'vi language around the world and I would like to
learn more about who these learners are, why they are interested in
learning Na'vi, how they are learning it, and how they think the Na'vi
language will develop over the next few years.

If you have spent any time learning Na'vi and are interested in
participating in this research, please visit:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NAVI

Feel free to share the survey address with anyone else you think might
be interested as well.

Following the completion of the survey, I will provide a summary report
to The LINGUIST List as well. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Linguistic Field(s): Sociolinguistics