22.2528, Jobs: Intercultural Business Comm: Prof, Karlshochschule Int'l U

Fri Jun 17 17:07:44 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2528. Fri Jun 17 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2528, Jobs: Intercultural Business Comm: Prof, Karlshochschule Int'l U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 17-Jun-2011
From: Andreas Mueller [amueller at karlshochschule.de]
Subject: English; Intercultural Business Communication: Professor, Karlshochschule International University, Germany

Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 13:05:44
From: Andreas Mueller [amueller at karlshochschule.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2528.html&submissionid=4523838&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Karlshochschule International University
Department: Faculty of Business Administration and Management
Job Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Web Address: http://karlshochschule.de/en/
Job Rank: Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics; Intercultural Business Communication

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Karlshochschule International University Karlsruhe is a young and
innovative university with approx. 500 students and 16 full-time professors
offering programmes with a strong focus on management combined with
cultural studies. For the winter semester 2011/12 we are looking for

a professor (W2) in Intercultural Business Communication.

The candidate should cover the area of integrative regional studies and the
acquisition of the pertinent languages (for specific purposes), for
emergent markets for example. He/she is responsible for improving language
teaching, both conceptually and operationally, at Karlshochschule
International University and for research and teaching in the field of
intercultural competence.

We are searching for a person with near native language skills in English
or Spanish and with an explicit dedication to the topic of intercultural
business communication. It would be an advantage if candidates were
proficient in language acquisition theory and related social sciences or in
pertinent cultural studies with an interest in the so-called 'translational
turn'.

Please send your application in writing with proof of your professional and
academic qualifications, quoting reference number 091, by 31st of July,
2011 to the application address or application email address below.

Application Deadline: 31-Jul-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Secretariat of the President
	Ms. Carmen Amann