22.2693, Jobs: Ancient/Modern Greek; Latin; General Ling: PhD Position, Ghent U

Wed Jun 29 03:10:53 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2693. Tue Jun 28 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2693, Jobs: Ancient/Modern Greek; Latin; General Ling: PhD Position, Ghent U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 28-Jun-2011
From: Mark Janse [mark.janse at ugent.be]
Subject: Ancient Greek; Modern Greek; Latin; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics: PhD Position, Ghent University, Belgium

Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:09:30
From: Mark Janse [mark.janse at ugent.be]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2693.html&submissionid=4524803&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Ghent University
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Ghent, Belgium
Job Rank: PhD Position

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics

Required Language(s): Greek, Ancient (grc)
                      Greek, Modern (ell)
                      Latin (lat)

Mark Janse, Research Professor in Ancient & Asia Minor Greek at Ghent
University, offers a short-term grant (1-2 years) for an advanced PhD
student whose dissertation needs one or max. two years to materialize.
Topics from the following fields are eligible: Ancient, Postclassical or
Byzantine Greek linguistics; Modern Greek, esp. Asia Minor Greek
dialectology; Latin or Italic linguistics (co-supervisor Professor Wolfgang
de Melo). Candidates are requested to send a letter of motivation with CV
and list of publications to mark.janse at ugent.be - subject "PhD Position".

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Mark Janse
	Department of Linguistics