22.1075, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Content Technologist, Dex One

Fri Mar 4 18:02:31 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1075. Fri Mar 04 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1075, Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Content Technologist, Dex One

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 04-Mar-2011
From: Erika Vaughan [evaughan at accolo.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Content Technologist, Dex One, CA, USA

Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 13:01:07
From: Erika Vaughan [evaughan at accolo.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1075.html&submissionid=4501057&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Dex One
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://hiring.accolo.com/job.htm?id=270451495
Job Rank: Content Technologist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Use your technology skills experience to drive enhanced content
initiatives. The Information Retrieval Analyst is a great opportunity for
the technologist with a leaning toward linguistics to be responsible for
leading content enhancement initiatives for Dex One. In this innovative and
challenging role, you will help us to provide an enriched site experience
for our users that will allow them to filter and relate listings and
content according to their needs. Bring your strong work ethic and a high
level of professionalism and join a team that is passionate about what they do!

Our environment fosters excellence through team work, creativity, and
integrity. We offer competitive compensation, health, dental, vision, 20
days of PTO, 401(k) + matching, educational reimbursement & more!

Dex One Interactive is responsible for the development and management of
DexKnows.com. DexKnows.com, is a cornerstone of our marketing services that
help local businesses get found and selected by active shoppers, generating
high quality, targeted, ready-to-buy leads. Read more about our Dex One,
our parent company, at: http://www.DexOne.com.

As the Content Technologist for Dex One, based out of our Santa Monica
office, your mission will be to take ownership of content technology with a
focus on developing a high quality user experience via site content
enhancement. You will manage content initiatives for DexKnows.com using
semantic text analysis software in order to develop rules for automated
extraction from various unstructured data sources. Your knowledge of
faceted taxonomies, metadata schemas, and thesauri paired with experience
developing advanced linguistic and semantic logic, will enable our site to
deliver user-relevant content through enhanced metadata and referential
relationships. Essential to the success in this role will be your hands-on
experience with SQL tables, queries and stored procedures as well as  a
programming language such as Perl or Java as well as experience using
regular expressions and Boolean logic to identify and extract information
from web content to add to our own data warehouse. Your experience
developing requirements, knowledge of auto-categorization technologies, and
ability to collaborate closely with other departments such as Engineering,
Business Intelligence, and Product Management will contribute to
content-oriented strategic initiatives. Additionally, this position will
also provide training and support to fellow analysts who may help with rule
writing/testing, and he/she will perform feasibility analysis for future
data extraction opportunities. A focused, on-task approach to a high-volume
load will enable you to effectively manage and coordinate the activities of
the Content Technology team as well as other internal resources available
to you, ensuring successful, on-time delivery of a varied list of projects.
If you have a strong interest in linguistics and linguistic technologies
combined with creativity, intelligence and integrity this is the job for you.

Application Deadline: 04-Apr-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://hiring.accolo.com/job.htm?id=270451495
Contact Information:
	Erika Vaughan
	Email: evaughan at accolo.com

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.