22.1257, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Swansea University

Wed Mar 16 16:30:55 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1257. Wed Mar 16 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1257, Jobs: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Swansea University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 15-Mar-2011
From: Tess Fitzpatrick [t.fitzpatrick at swansea.ac.uk]
Subject: English & Applied Linguistics: Lecturer, Swansea University, Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:24:55
From: Tess Fitzpatrick [t.fitzpatrick at swansea.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1257.html&submissionid=4503695&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Swansea University
Department: College of Arts and Humanities
Job Location: Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.swan.ac.uk
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Swansea University
College of Arts and Humanities
Lecturer in Applied Linguistics

Salary scale: £30,747 to £35,646 per annum (pro rata if part time).

Applicants are invited for the position of Lecturer in Applied Linguistics
within the College of Arts and Humanities, reference 5705.

This job provides a role for a candidate with a dynamic research agenda
and the potential to develop academic programmes in applied linguistics.
The post will support and extend the continued development of teaching,
postgraduate supervision and research in applied linguistics at Swansea.
The post-holder will take on a central role in the supervision team for the
distance PhD programme in Applied Linguistics and will be willing to
supervise theses in language acquisition, vocabulary research and/or
related areas.  They will also contribute to teaching of modules on
undergraduate English Language Studies and TEFL schemes, and on the
MA TEFL programme, and there will be opportunities to contribute to the
development of further modules and programmes.

Applicants will have a PhD in Applied Linguistics or a closely related subject
and should be engaged in research work for publications which can
contribute to the College REF return.  Experience of developing research
objectives and proposals for individual or joint research, and the potential to
develop these into research funding proposals, are essential.

Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr Tess
Fitzpatrick at the application email address listed below.

An application form and further details may be obtained, quoting the
appropriate reference, from the HR Department, Swansea University,
Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, tel. (01792) 295136 (24 hours) or at
the application URL given.

We are an equal opportunity employer aiming for diversity in our workforce.

Application Deadline: 28-Apr-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Tess Fitzpatrick

Email Address for Applications: t.fitzpatrick at swansea.ac.uk
Web Address for Applications: http://www.swan.ac.uk/personnel/Vacancies/
Contact Information:
	Dr Tess Fitzpatrick
	Email: t.fitzpatrick at swansea.ac.uk

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.