22.1329, Jobs: Arabic: Lecturer/Instructor, University of Illinois

Mon Mar 21 19:53:30 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1329. Mon Mar 21 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1329, Jobs: Arabic: Lecturer/Instructor, University of Illinois

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 21-Mar-2011
From: Eyamba Bokamba [slcl-hr at illinois.edu]
Subject: Arabic: Lecturer/Instructor, University of Illinois, IL, USA

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 15:50:21
From: Eyamba Bokamba [slcl-hr at illinois.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1329.html&submissionid=4505296&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Illinois
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Illinois, USA
Web Address: http://www.linguistics.illinois.edu/
Job Rank: Lecturer/Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Illinois at Urbana
Champaign invites applications for a Lecturer/Instructor in Arabic in its
Languages Program, with a target start date of August 16, 2011. The
position is renewable each year contingent on strong performance reviews.
We seek a candidate who is able to teach Arabic courses at all levels,
supervise Teaching Assistants (TA), and is willing to participate in a full
range of Arabic program activities.

Required are a Ph.D. degree (for appointment as Lecturer) or an M.A. (for
appointment as Instructor) preferably in Arabic pedagogy, second language
acquisition, linguistics, or a related field, experience teaching Arabic at
the university level, and high proficiency in both Arabic and English.
Experience with TA supervision, Arabic teaching materials development,
especially those involving computer-based instructional technologies, is
preferred. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.

To apply, create your candidate profile through the University of Illinois
application login page at the application URL below and upload your
application materials: a letter of application, including a concise
statement of curriculum development and teaching experience; CV (including
phone number); teaching evaluations, if available. Online application will
require the name and contact information for 3 references. References will
be contacted electronically upon the submission and completion of the
application.

For further information please contact: Prof. Eyamba G. Bokamba, C/O Marita
Romine, slcl-hr at illinois.edu. To ensure full consideration applications
(including 3 letters of reference) must be received by April 15, 2011.
Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring
decision will be made until after that date.

Illinois is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes
individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace
and value diversity and inclusivity.
See http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu/

Application Deadline: 15-Apr-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.illinois.edu
Contact Information:
	Eyamba Bokamba
	Email: slcl-hr at illinois.edu

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.