22.1918, Jobs: Phonology: Assistant Professor, Memorial University

Tue May 3 14:36:46 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1918. Tue May 03 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1918, Jobs: Phonology: Assistant Professor, Memorial University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 03-May-2011
From: Marguerite MacKenzie [mmackenz at mun.ca]
Subject: Phonology: Assistant Professor, Memorial University, St. John's, NL, Canada

Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 10:34:18
From: Marguerite MacKenzie [mmackenz at mun.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1918.html&submissionid=4516677&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Memorial University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: St. John's, NL, Canada
Web Address: http://www.mun.ca/linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Phonology; Sociolinguistics; Aboriginal Languages

The Linguistics Department, Memorial University of Newfoundland, is seeking
to make a 3-year appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective
1 September 2011, subject to budgetary approval. Qualifications: Ph.D. (or
near completion) in Linguistics with a specialization in phonology.
Secondary specializations in sociolinguistics, child language acquisition,
and/or aboriginal languages would be an asset. Applicants should have a
demonstrated record of effective teaching at the undergraduate and, if
possible, graduate levels; and evidence of an active research program.

The successful applicant will be expected to teach an introduction to
linguistics and a range of courses in phonology at both the undergraduate
and graduate levels, to undertake graduate supervision, to maintain an
active research program, and to contribute to the administrative duties of
the department.

Please send a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, the names and
addresses of three referees, and any supporting documents, including
teaching evaluations, to the mailing address or email address for
applications below.

Deadline for receipt of applications is June 3, 2011.

Memorial University is the largest university in Atlantic Canada. As the
province's only university, Memorial plays an integral role in the
educational and cultural life of Newfoundland and Labrador. Offering
diverse undergraduate and graduate programs to almost 16,000 students,
Memorial provides a distinctive and stimulating environment for learning in
St. John's, a safe, friendly city with great historic charm, a vibrant
cultural life, and easy access to a wide range of outdoor activities.

Memorial University is committed to employment equity and encourages
applications from qualified women and men, visible minorities, aboriginal
people and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are
encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be
given priority.

Application Deadline: 03-Jun-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Marguerite MacKenzie, Head
	Department of Linguistics
	Memorial University of Newfoundland
	St. John's, NF A1B 3X9
	Canada
Email Address for Applications: linguist at mun.ca
Contact Information:
	Dr. Marguerite MacKenzie
	Email: mmackenz at mun.ca
	Phone: (709) 864-8134
	Fax: (709) 864-4000

This Year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $67,000. This money will go to help
keep the List running by supporting all of our Student Editors for the coming year.

See below for donation instructions, and don't forget to check out Fund
Drive 2011 site!

http://linguistlist.org/fund-drive/2011/

There are many ways to donate to LINGUIST!

You can donate right now using our secure credit card form at

Alternatively you can also pledge right now and pay later. To do so, go to:
https://linguistlist.org/donation/pledge/pledge1.cfm

For all information on donating and pledging, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, or wire transfer, please visit:
http://linguistlist.org/donation/

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Eastern Michigan University and as
such can receive donations through the EMU Foundation, which is a registered
501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal Tax number is 38-6005986. These
donations can be offset against your federal and sometimes your state tax return
(U.S. tax payers only). For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact
your financial advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that they will match
any gift you make to a non-profit organization. Normally this entails your
contacting your human resources department and sending us a form that the
EMU Foundation fills in and returns to your employer. This is generally a simple
administrative procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if your company
operates such a program.