22.1985, Jobs: English Ling: Ph.D. Positions, Westf älische Wilhelms-U Münster

Sun May 8 03:30:35 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1985. Sat May 07 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1985, Jobs: English Ling: Ph.D. Positions, Westfälische Wilhelms-U Münster

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 07-May-2011
From: Ulrike Gut [ulrike.gut at phil.uni-augsburg.de]
Subject: English Linguistics: Ph.D. Positions, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany

Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 23:27:49
From: Ulrike Gut [ulrike.gut at phil.uni-augsburg.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1985.html&submissionid=4517875&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster
Department: Department of English
Job Location: Münster, Germany
Web Address: http://www.anglistik.uni-muenster.de/
Job Rank: Ph.D. Positions

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Chair for English Linguistics at the Westfälische Wilhelms-University Münster, Germany
(Prof. Dr. Ulrike Gut), invites applications for two assistant researcher positions (part-time
50% appointment, salary according to 13 TV-L/2) in English Linguistics.

Responsibilities:
The duties include teaching a two-hour course each semester as well as small organisational
responsibilities. The successful candidates are expected to pursue a Ph.D. in English
linguistics in one of the areas of Prof. Gut's expertise.

Requirements:
A Master's degree or equivalent in English linguistics or related field.

The initial period of appointment for this position is two years. Subject to the progress of the
Ph.D., the appointment can be renewed for a third year.

Applications should include a CV, a copy of the Master's thesis or equivalent and a 3-5 page
outline of the Ph.D. project. Applications should be sent by email to the address below.

Disabled applicants will be preferred if they have the same qualifications as non-disabled
applicants.

The University of Münster strives to increase the proportion of women in research and
teaching, and therefore encourages qualified female scientists to apply.

Application Deadline: 05-Jun-2011

Email Address for Applications: ulrike.gut at phil.uni-augsburg.de
Contact Information:
	Prof. Dr. Ulrike Gut