22.1995, Jobs: Various Langs & Translation: Course Developer, Mango Languages

Sun May 8 21:36:43 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1995. Sun May 08 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1995, Jobs: Various Langs & Translation: Course Developer, Mango Languages

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-May-2011
From: Pamela Kendall [pamela.kendall at mangolanguage.com]
Subject: Arabic, Standard; Japanese; Urdu; Spanish; Portuguese & Translation: Language Course Developer, Mango Languages

Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 17:35:59
From: Pamela Kendall [pamela.kendall at mangolanguage.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1995.html&submissionid=4517835&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Mango Languages
Department: Language Course Development
Web Address: http://www.mangolanguages.com
Job Rank: Language Course Developer

Specialty Areas: Translation

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Japanese (jpn)
                      Portuguese (por)
                      Spanish (spa)
                      Urdu (urd)

Mango Languages is a state-of-the-art software developer that currently offers
more than 36 language-learning programs. We are looking to expand the
number of our course offerings in the next few months, and we are seeking to
fill several positions immediately with highly qualified, self-motivated teachers
and experts in foreign languages to write and develop our language courses.

Mango teaches people foreign languages by taking into account the way
people actually learn and acquire fluency in foreign languages.  Our talented
team of linguists, programmers, designers, and voice talents incorporate
linguistic theories that actually work, and we also bring humor and levity into
the language learning process to keep students (as well as ourselves)
motivated.  Our results prove that we teach people languages in a fun and
exciting way!

Mango is currently seeking talented individuals to act as course developers
for our language-learning programs.  The right candidate is passionate about
languages and has solid academic backgrounds and experience in teaching
and developing curriculum for students.  We are looking for people to start
immediately, but who want to thrive in a long-term partnership with
opportunities for advancement. Our immediate needs are for Course
Developers in the languages listed.

Job Description:
A course developer uses their native-language expertise to develop an entire
on-line foreign language course while working in cooperation with team
members until course is successfully completed.

Responsibilities:
-Create lessons based on relevant and real conversations. A course
developer is responsible for creating a language course that teaches practical
and pragmatic lessons based on real conversations using company software
and methodologies.  Content will need to be precise and comprehensive,
teaching language and culture by producing an optimal and natural language
learning experience for the student.
-Ensure exceptional translations The course developer must be an excellent
translator who provides literal translations, understood meanings, phonetic
transcriptions, and idiomatic expressions where necessary.
-Create original culture and grammar notes to accompany lessons. In addition
to the conversation, the developer will include grammar and culture notes that
provide the student with insightful explanations of culture and grammar when
needed.

Requirements:
-Native Speaker: Course developers must have a mastery of their native
language which includes a thorough understanding of grammar, culture, and
idiomatic expressions.
-Fluent in English. The courses are developed for English speakers. Full
understanding and fluency of the English language and its grammar is needed
for course development.
-Bachelor's Degree: Linguistics, Translation, Foreign language, Language
teaching
-2 Years Language Teaching or Translation Experience
-Flexible scheduling: All work will be done online. Need to have availability of
a minimum of 20 hours a week.
-Ability to work well with other team members
-Reliable internet connection and basic computer skills
-Excellent time management and communication skills
-Please include a cover letter with resume when applying for this position

Please see our application website for more information!

Web Address for Applications: http://www.mangolanguages.com/careers
Contact Information:
	Recruiting Coordinator Pamela Kendall
	Email: pamela.kendall at mangolanguage.com