22.1996, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Engineer, ETS

Sun May 8 21:39:01 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-1996. Sun May 08 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.1996, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Engineer, ETS

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 06-May-2011
From: Apply Online [none at given.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Associate Research Engineer, ETS (Educational Testing Service), New Jersey, USA

Date: Sun, 08 May 2011 17:37:01
From: Apply Online [none at given.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-1996.html&submissionid=4517775&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: ETS (Educational Testing Service)
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wq7gkp7
Job Rank: Associate Research Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

ETS (Educational Testing Service), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ>, is a
global $1.3B not for profit organization.  Our mission is to advance quality
and equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments, performing
educational research and influencing policies that promote learning,
performance, education and professional development. As a nonprofit
corporation and an innovator in developing tests for clients in education,
government and business, we are dedicated to advancing educational
excellence for the communities we serve.

In this team-oriented role, the selected candidate will assist with the
implementation of natural language processing (NLP) components of medium-
to large-scale, complex research projects for ETS researchers, testing
program areas and external clients. You will be offered the opportunity to
consult with research scientists in the application, modification, and
documentation of such systems and contribute to the implementation and
support of new NLP methodologies to support research system development.

Be prepared to further assist in the preparation of NLP development
components of proposals and cost/resource estimates, implement
components of technical documentation of NLP software systems, solutions
and results and regularly attend area-wide staff training and development
sessions.  In addition to exceptional verbal/written communication skills, our
qualifications include:

-Master's degree in Computer Science, NLP, Language Technology,
Computational Linguistics, Linguistics or a closely related field
-A strong programming background, in languages such as Perl, Java, Python,
and C, and facility with computational algorithms are essential
-Coursework in statistics and experience in using machine learning toolkits
are highly desirable<
-Ability to maintain continuing awareness of recent advances in natural
language processing (including speech processing), machine learning, and
software development methodologies
-Knowledge of UNIX and Windows computing environments
-Familiarity with UNIX tools and scripting languages and  algorithms, methods
and data structures in common use in the processing of speech and language
data

We offer a competitive salary and excellent compensation package including
medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance,
paid time off and an employee assistance program. Please apply online at
the application URL provided below.

Web Address for Applications: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wq7gkp7
Contact Information:
	Apply Online