22.2050, Qs: Survey: Translation-Elicitation Task

Thu May 12 18:28:40 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2050. Thu May 12 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2050, Qs: Survey: Translation-Elicitation Task

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-May-2011
From: Carmela Tome [carmela_tome at usal.es]
Subject: Survey: Translation-Elicitation Task

Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:25:04
From: Carmela Tome [carmela_tome at usal.es]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2050.html&submissionid=4518695&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I am a Phd student at the University of Salamanca (Spain) and I am
doing research on the influence that some properties of the words
might have in the ease at which they are produced as members of
certain categories in a second language.

One of the factors we are considering is the similarity between words
and their equivalents in the L2. In order to find cognates and false
friends, a translation-elicitation task has been designed. This test asks
volunteers from the USA to guess the translation of some Spanish
words. Participants must be American English native speakers who
have never studied Spanish.

If you fulfill the requirements and if you can spare the time, please
gain access to this survey through the link you will find below and
complete it. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Translation-elicitation task:

http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=HKLDGK_858dc3b9

                     Psycholinguistics
                     Semantics