22.2075, Jobs: Phonetics; Speech Sciences: Post Doc, University of Zurich

Sat May 14 16:46:15 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2075. Sat May 14 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2075, Jobs: Phonetics; Speech Sciences: Post Doc, University of Zurich

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 13-May-2011
From: Volker Dellwo [volker.dellwo at uzh.ch]
Subject: Phonetics; Speech Sciences: Post Doc, University of Zurich, Switzerland

Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 12:43:44
From: Volker Dellwo [volker.dellwo at uzh.ch]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2075.html&submissionid=4519616&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Zurich
Department: Phonetics Laboratory
Job Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Web Address: http://www.pholab.uzh.ch
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Speech Sciences

1 Post-Doc Position in Phonetics/Speech Sciences at Zurich University (3
years, 100%)

For a three year research project funded by the Swiss National Science
Foundation (SNF) on 'Speaker identification based on temporal
characteristics' we have the position of one doctoral researcher available
in the Phonetics Laboratory at Zurich University. The project aims at (a)
identifying speaker idiosyncratic temporal characteristics in speech, (b)
testing the speaker idiosyncratic temporal characteristics for within
speaker variability (in particular with forensic phonetic applications in
mind), and (c) testing to what degree speaker idiosyncratic temporal
characteristics are perceptually salient. The Phonetics Lab is run by a
team of enthusiastic academics with interests in a variety of areas in
phonetics and speech sciences. We work closely together with researchers
from the departments of General Linguistics, German, Romance and English
language, and Psychology.

Requirements:
PhD in Phonetics, Speech Sciences or related area (Linguistics, Psychology,
Engineering Sciences, etc.) with a focus on experimental speech analysis.

Desired skills & areas of interest:
- Speech Prosody (e.g. Rhythm, Intonation)
- Speech Perception
- Statistics
- Speech Signal Processing (e.g. Praat, Matlab, Wavesurfer)
- Forensic Phonetics

Payment for the position will be 75.515 CHF/year.

Your application should consist of the following items:
- CV
- List of publications
- List of grades
- Name and email addresses of two potential referees

Important dates:
- Deadline for applications: 15. June 2011
- Interviews: beginning of July 2011
- Starting date of position: 1. September 2011 (negotiable)

Electronic application submission, further information and or informal
chats about the post:

Volker Dellwo, email address below
http://www.pholab.uzh.ch/leute/dellwo.html

Application Deadline: 15-Jun-2011