22.2078, Jobs: Various Langs & Comp Ling & Morphology: Programmer, Oracle

Sat May 14 20:11:18 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2078. Sat May 14 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2078, Jobs: Various Langs & Comp Ling & Morphology: Programmer, Oracle

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 12-May-2011
From: Louise Kemp-De Jong [louise.kemp-de.jong at oracle.com]
Subject: Arabic, Standard; Danish; Chinese, Mandarin; Japanese; Korean; Swedish; Norwegian; Thai; Finnish & Computational Linguistics & Morphology: Programmer, Oracle Corp., District of Columbia, USA

Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:10:17
From: Louise Kemp-De Jong [louise.kemp-de.jong at oracle.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2078.html&submissionid=4519355&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Oracle Corp.
Department: ATG Search and Language Group Department
Web Address: http://irecruitment.oracle.com
Job Rank: Programmer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)
                      Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)
                      Danish (dan)
                      Finnish (fin)
                      Japanese (jpn)
                      Korean (kor)
                      Norwegian, Nynorsk (nno)
                      Swedish (swe)
                      Thai (tha)

Job Posting Title IRC1539564
Job Title Computational Linguist/Software Developer 2
Organization Name:  ATG Search and Language Group Department

ATG is an e-Commerce company recently acquired by Oracle. ATG offers
commerce and knowledge applications which use the ATG Search product. This
product supports over 15 languages but will need to support 32 in the near
future. The ATG Search group develops the software and language
dictionaries and other linguistic data to support search.

Details
We are seeking 4 computational linguists for research and development
related to a multi-language natural language processing system.

Qualified candidates must be native or near-native speakers of at least one
of the following languages:
-Chinese
-Japanese
-Korean
-Thai
-Arabic
-Finnish
-Danish
-Swedish
-Norwegian (Bokmal  and Nynorsk)

Proficiency in at least one additional language is a strong plus.

Further qualifications:
-2-5 yrs of Professional Experience working as a Computational Linguist
-Academic degree or professional experience in computational linguistics
-Experience with creating morphological rules for languages both familiar
and unfamiliar
-Proficiency with regular expressions and basic Unix/Linux shell commands
-Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
-Strong analytical skills
-Ability to work independently
-Proficiency in a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.) is a plus
The candidates will be responsible for:
-Creating, developing, and maintaining lexicons and morphological rules in
a variety of languages
-Quality assessment of existing language work
-Ongoing testing and evaluation of language-related aspects of search product
-Researching and evaluating alternative tokenization and morphological
analysis techniques
-Collecting, evaluating, and maintaining training corporation

Application Deadline: 30-Aug-2011

Email Address for Applications: louise.kemp-de.jong at oracle.com
Contact Information:
	Sr. Recruiter Louise Kemp-De Jong