22.2122, All: Call for Panel of Experts for EMELD

Wed May 18 19:02:33 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2122. Wed May 18 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2122, All: Call for Panel of Experts for EMELD

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Elyssa Winzeler <elyssa at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

http://linguistlist.org/LL/posttolinguist.cfm

Date: 18-May-2011
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Call for Panel of Experts for EMELD

Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:01:03
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2122.html&submissionid=4520257&topicid=1&msgnumber=1

The LINGUIST List is looking for linguists with experience in corpus creation and management to join our Panel of Experts.These individuals would answer questions about language documentation that readers submit to the 'Ask-An-Expert' area.

'Ask-An-Expert' is a part of the EMELD (Electronic Metastructure for Endangered Languages Data) School of Best Practices. The focus of EMELD (http://emeld.org/index.cfm) is to aid in the preservation of endangered language data and documentation, as well as to promote the development of infrastructure necessary for effective collaboration among electronic archives. Here, 'Ask-An-Expert' panelists reply to technical questions regarding the digitization of language documentation and recommendation of resources. To learn more about 'Ask-An Expert', you can visit the following link:

http://emeld.org/school/ask-expert/index.html

>From here, click 'Browse' to view the most recent submissions and see the range topics addressed in this area.

If you are interested in joining the Panel of Experts, please contact Anthony Aristar at aristar at linguistlist.org.

Thank you for helping us provide this service to our subscribers!

Best regards,

The LINGUIST List

Linguistic Field(s): Language Documentation

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/