22.2126, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Research Assistant, ETS

Wed May 18 19:45:15 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2126. Wed May 18 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2126, Jobs: Natural Language Processing: Research Assistant, ETS

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-May-2011
From: Apply Online []
Subject: Natural Language Processing: Research Assistant, ETS (Educational Testing Service), New Jersey, USA

Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 15:43:49
From: Apply Online []

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2126.html&submissionid=4519915&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: ETS (Educational Testing Service)
Job Location: New Jersey, USA
Web Address: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vftw8ys
Job Rank: Researcher

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

ETS (Educational Testing Service), with headquarters in Princeton, NJ, is a
global $1.3B not for profit organization.  Our mission is to advance
quality and equity in education by providing fair and valid assessments,
performing educational research and influencing policies that promote
learning, performance, education and professional development.

With more than 2,500 global employees worldwide, ETS develops, administers
and scores more than 50 million tests annually in more than 180 countries,
at 9,000+ locations worldwide.  In addition to assessments, we conduct
educational research, analysis and policy studies and develop a variety of
customized services and products for teacher certification, English
language learning and elementary, secondary and post-secondary
education.

Our Applied Research and Development Group seeks a Research Assistant to
provide support to Research Scientists working on a branch of computer
science and computational linguistics known as Natural Language Processing
(NLP). You will be offered the opportunity to assist in research projects,
including research design, project management, data collection, annotation,
and analysis. Will also collaborate with researchers in preparing study
results for publication or presentation, including literature searches,
producing charts and graphs, writing and/or editing.

Qualifications:
-Bachelor's degree in behavioral or social science with coursework in
Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Statistics, and/or Research Methods
-Exemplary written and technical skills, knowledge of linguistics and grammar
-Experience using linguistic categories to perform data analysis are preferred

We offer a competitive salary and excellent compensation package including
medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability
insurance, paid time off and an employee assistance program. Please apply
online at the application URL listed below.

Equal Opportunity Employer

http://ets.pereless.com/careers/index.cfm?fuseaction=83080.viewjobdetail&CID=83080&JID=100522&type=&cfcend

Web Address for Applications: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vftw8ys
Contact Information: