22.2137, Jobs: Modified: General Linguistics, Contract Instructor, Carleton U

Thu May 19 18:27:46 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2137. Thu May 19 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2137, Jobs: Modified: General Linguistics, Contract Instructor, Carleton U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 05-May-2011
From: Lynne Young [lynne_young at carleton.ca]
Subject: Modified: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Semantics: Contract Instructor, Carleton University, Ontario, Canada

Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 14:23:53
From: Lynne Young [lynne_young at carleton.ca]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2137.html&submissionid=4517295&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Carleton University
Department: School of Linguistics and Language Studies
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.carleton.ca/slals/
Job Rank: Contract Instructor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Phonetics; Semantics

**Please note that this is an updated version of our original posting for a
full-time term instructor.**

The School of Linguistics and Language Studies invites applications for one
or more contract instructor positions, commencing September 1, 2011.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. in Linguistics, with a specialization in one
of the core areas (phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, or semantics),
and a demonstrated enthusiasm for, and excellence in, undergraduate
teaching. The successful candidate(s) will be expected to teach
undergraduate courses to a culturally diverse student body over Fall 2011
and Winter 2012 terms. Courses might include introductory linguistics,
linguistic analysis, phonetics and semantics. Basic course descriptions are
available at http://www.carleton.ca/calendars/ugrad/current/courses/LING/.

The School's B.A. program in Linguistics, which provides students with a
strong formal background, is housed in a unit representing a rich diversity
of perspectives on language. Detailed information on the School and our
programs can be found at http://www.carleton.ca/slals/. All qualified
candidates are encouraged to apply, but in accordance with Canadian
immigration requirements, applications from Canadians and permanent
residents will be given priority. Carleton University is strongly committed
to fostering diversity within its community as a source of excellence,
cultural enrichment and social strength. We welcome those who would
contribute to the further diversification of our faculty and its
scholarship, including but not limited to women, visible minorities,
Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual
orientation or gender identity.

Applications should be submitted to Professor Lynne Young at the mailing
address or email address below. Letters of application should be
accompanied by a curriculum vitae as well as a concise dossier that
includes written evidence of teaching effectiveness. Three letters of
reference should be sent directly to the Acting Director. The closing date
for receipt of applications, including the letters of reference, is May 30,
2011.

This position is subject to final budgetary approval.

Application Deadline: 30-May-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Lynne Young, Acting Director
	School of Linguistics and Language Studies
	215 Paterson Hall, Carleton University
	1125 Colonel By Drive
	Ottawa, Ontario K1S 5B6
	Canada