22.2141, Jobs: English & Various Fields: Scientist (Grammar Engineer), Stripes39

Fri May 20 00:41:23 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2141. Thu May 19 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2141, Jobs: English & Various Fields: Scientist (Grammar Engineer), Stripes39

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erin Smith <erin at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-May-2011
From:  Farrar [scott.farrar at stripes39.com]
Subject: English & Computational Linguistics, Constraint-based Formalisms: Scientist (Grammar Engineer), Stripes39, Washington, USA

Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 20:39:52
From:  Farrar [scott.farrar at stripes39.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2141.html&submissionid=4520097&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Stripes39
Job Location: Washington, USA
Job Rank: Scientist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Grammar Engineer

Required Language(s): English (eng)

We are looking for a grammar engineer for domain specific text generation
(English).  The main task will be to help create, maintain and test a large
generation grammar. Duties will include working with a team of linguists to
create an NLG system.

Requirements:
-excellent communication skills
-ability to work as part of a team
-advanced degree in NLP (master's required)
-expertise in building constraint-based grammars (HPSG, LFG, FUG, etc.)
-working knowledge of XML

Optional:
-experience in NLG (a big plus)
-ability to work with databases
-some fluency with scripting languages (e.g., Python)

Company Info:
Founded by a group of University of Washington graduates, Stripes39 is at
the cutting edge of web development and internet marketing.

Our marketing efforts focus on viral marketing, social media marketing, and
search engine optimization - driving millions of monthly unique visitors
per month to our portfolio of web properties. On the development side, we
are focused on creating innovative and useful formats/experiences for
content delivery, authoring authoritative/expert/journalistic content,
and executing large scale, data-driven, value-added content creation.

We're in an exciting time of growth, and are looking to add to our talented
and dedicated content development team.

Application Deadline: 31-May-2011

Email Address for Applications: scott.farrar at stripes39.com
Contact Information