22.2168, Jobs: Spanish: Clinical Assistant Professor, Arizona State University

Sun May 22 15:52:35 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2168. Sun May 22 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2168, Jobs: Spanish: Clinical Assistant Professor, Arizona State University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 19-May-2011
From: Kathleen Renshaw [krenshaw at asu.edu]
Subject: Spanish: Clinical Assistant Professor, Arizona State University, AZ, USA

Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 11:50:55
From: Kathleen Renshaw [krenshaw at asu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2168.html&submissionid=4520375&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Arizona State University
Department: School of Letters & Sciences
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: http://sls.asu.edu/docs/P9805.pdf
Job Rank: Clinical Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Essential Functions:
Teach between 18 and 24 credit hours per academic year, designing curricula
for Spanish in the professions, supervising all internships, and providing
professional service to the university, community and profession.

Required Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Spanish; native or near-native proficiency in Spanish; a minimum
of three years of relevant post secondary teaching experience; experience
in curriculum design and the creation of instructional and assessment
materials to teach Spanish at the post-secondary level, including Spanish
courses for the professions (e.g., medicine, social work, education,
criminology, journalism); experience with the integration of computer
technology into classroom instruction; evidence of excellent teaching
ability; evidence of professional development activities (e.g.,
presentations at professional conferences, service to the profession,
publications); must show promise of excellent performance, leadership,
independence, and initiative. Applicants who are not native speakers of
English must provide evidence of having received a minimum score of 55 on
either the SPEAK test or the TSE.

Desired Qualifications:
Experience teaching Spanish courses for heritage learners; experience
administering study abroad programs; experience teaching language courses
online; evidence of creating community partnerships; administrative and
program-development experience related to the teaching of Spanish for the
Professions.

Application Deadline:
5 p.m.  May 31, 2011, if not filled, weekly Friday thereafter until search
is closed.

Application Procedure:
Letter of application, vita, one-page statement of teaching philosophy,
unofficial graduate transcripts, copies of teaching evaluations from two
Spanish classes, SPEAK test or TSE score (if applicable) and 3 letters of
recommendation that address your teaching ability to Search Committee
(Clinical Assistant Professor - Spanish position #9805) as one complete
electronic file to Kim Haren (Kim.Haren at asu.edu). DO NOT send your
application letter, vita, names of references, etc., separately. We do not
accept incomplete applications.

General Information:
Teach between 18-24 credit hours per academic year. Academic year contract.
Salary contingent upon qualifications and assigned teaching load.
Background check required prior to employment. http://sls.asu.edu/jobs.html

Application Deadline: 31-May-2011 (Open until filled)

Email Address for Applications: Kim.Haren at asu.edu
Contact Information:
	Business Operations Manager Sr Kathleen Renshaw
	Email: krenshaw at asu.edu