22.2192, Qs: Surveys: Compliments and Compliment Responses

Tue May 24 14:57:56 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2192. Tue May 24 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2192, Qs: Surveys: Compliments and Compliment Responses

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Danielle St. Jean <danielle at linguistlist.org>

Date: 16-May-2011
From: Tahereh Hajizadeh [t.hajizade at gmail.com]

Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:55:13
From: Tahereh Hajizadeh [t.hajizade at gmail.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2192.html&submissionid=4519875&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

Dear LINGUIST List subscribers,

I am an M.A. student of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign
Language) at Allameh Tabataba'i University, Tehran, Iran. Right now I
am doing my thesis on "The Effect of Explicit and Implicit Approaches to
Instruction on the EFL Learners' Acquisition and Awareness of
Compliments and Compliment Responses".

In order to find out how much my EFL learners' pragmatic awareness
and production have actually improved after the instruction I need 50 to
60 native English speakers to provide the baseline data for
English. That is why I am going to submit my four questionnaires
(provided below) to you with the hope of getting the desired data.
I would be really delighted if you could help me carry out my research
by providing the English data.

Links to the questionnaires:

Giving Compliments:
http://www.kwiksurveys.com?s=ICDKFM_4031a07b