22.2261, Jobs: General Linguistics: Rank Open, Ben-gurion U of the Negev

Sun May 29 13:57:06 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2261. Sun May 29 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2261, Jobs: General Linguistics: Rank Open, Ben-gurion U of the Negev

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 27-May-2011
From: Ariel Cohen [arikc at bgu.ac.il]
Subject: General Linguistics (Phonology, Psycholinguistics, or Computational Linguistics Preferred): Rank Open, Ben-gurion University of the Negev, Israel

Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 09:55:45
From: Ariel Cohen [arikc at bgu.ac.il]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2261.html&submissionid=4521218&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Department: Foreign Literatures and Linguistics
Job Location: Beer Sheva, Israel
Web Address: http://web.bgu.ac.il/Eng/humsos/departments/flit
Job Rank: Rank Open

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics

The Department of Foreign Literatures and linguistics (Linguistics Section)
of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev invites applications for a
tenure-track position, starting October 1st, 2012 (for interested
candidates, there is an option to start earlier, March 1st 2012). The
successful candidate should have a Ph.D. in hand by the time of
commencement, and should have an excellent academic record in a core area
of linguistics. Preference will be given to applicants in the areas of
phonology, psycholinguistics, or computational linguistics.

We seek applicants whose research interests complement those of the current
faculty and who can contribute breadth and depth to the department with
respect to research, teaching, and supervising at the graduate and
undergraduate levels.

The language of teaching in the department is English.

Applicants should submit a letter of intent (describing research and
teaching interests), curriculum vitae, copies of at most three research
papers, and names and e-mail addresses of at least three referees.

Materials should be sent by e-mail to both addresses below:
Prof. David Newman, Dean, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences,
deanh at bgu.ac.il
Dr. Ariel Cohen, Chair, Department of Foreign Literatures and Linguistics,
arikc at bgu.ac.il

The subject line of the message should be: 'Application for a position in
the Department of Foreign Literature and Linguistics'

The deadline for application is November 1st, 2011.

All inquiries should be directed via email to Dr. Ariel Cohen.

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: arikc at bgu.ac.il
Contact Information:
	Dr. Ariel Cohen