22.2301, Jobs: Syntax: Teaching Fellow, University College London

Tue May 31 22:30:52 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-2301. Tue May 31 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.2301, Jobs: Syntax: Teaching Fellow, University College London

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 31-May-2011
From: Hans van de Koot [h.v.d.k at ucl.ac.uk]
Subject: Syntax: Teaching Fellow, University College London, United Kingdom

Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:29:15
From: Hans van de Koot [h.v.d.k at ucl.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-2301.html&submissionid=4521591&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University College London
Department: Department of Linguistics,
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/psychlangsci/research/linguistics
Job Rank: Teaching Fellow

Specialty Areas: Syntax

UCL, Division of Psychology and Language Science, Research Department of
Linguistics
Teaching Fellow in Syntax
Grade: 7
Hours: Part Time, 21.9 Hours per week (60% FTE)
Salary: (inclusive of London allowance) £35,557 to £38,594 per annum
Salary pro-rata for part time vacancies

Duties and Responsibilities:
UCL invites applications for a part-time Teaching Fellow vacancy in syntax
from candidates with suitable teaching experience in Generative Grammar.
The main purposes of the job are to teach courses in generative syntax that
form part of our BA Linguistics and taught MA Linguistics degrees, and to
participate in the supervision of undergraduate theses.

This appointment will be from 1 September 2011 to 30 March 2012, for three
days a week.

Key Requirements:
Applicants must have a PhD in Linguistics, with a specialization in syntax.
They must have experience of teaching comparable courses.

Further Details:
Further information about this post (including a job description and person
specification) can be accessed via the application URL below.

Informal enquiries can be made to the Head of Department, Dr Hans van de
Koot (+ 44 (0) 20 7679 4049, h.v.d.koot at ucl.ac.uk). For information
relating to the application process please contact Mrs Molly Bennett
(m.bennett at ucl.ac.uk).

Closing Date: 8 Jul 2011
Latest time for the submission of applications: 5pm
Interview dates: 25-29 July 2011

Application Deadline: 08-Jul-2011

Web Address for Applications: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?owner=5041416&ownertype=fair&jcode=1190040&vt_template=965&adminview=1
Contact Information: