22.4348, Jobs: Applied Ling; Assessment: Asst Prof, Indiana U of Pennsylvania

Wed Nov 2 22:20:24 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4348. Wed Nov 02 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4348, Jobs: Applied Ling; Assessment: Asst Prof, Indiana U of Pennsylvania

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 01-Nov-2011
From: Tina Perdue [perdue at iup.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Critical Assessment: Assistant Professor, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, PA, USA

Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 18:17:16
From: Tina Perdue [perdue at iup.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4348.html&submissionid=4535195&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Department: English
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.iup.edu/employment
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Critical Assessment

Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Assistant Professor in Applied Linguistics and Critical Assessment

Indiana University of Pennsylvania invites applications for a tenure-track
position at the Assistant Professor level to begin Fall, 2012. We seek a
teacher-scholar with proven expertise in critical approaches to language
teaching and assessment. The ideal candidate is an applied linguist who
understands and researches social and political complexities of literacy and
can apply these to issues of assessment in second language. Teacher-
scholars who deal with multi-cultural interactions and critical approaches to
(language) education are considered important for this position.

Knowledge of critical theory and L1 composition considered as advantages,
as is evidence of leadership ability and grant writing ability. A proven record
of publication is a requirement.

Candidates must be qualified to teach doctoral, master's, and undergraduate
courses, and must demonstrate excellence in teaching and scholarship.
Participation in the graduate program also includes teaching graduate
students during one five-week summer session (with additional
compensation).

The IUP English Department's commitment to broad faculty participation in
the liberal studies offerings requires that all faculty are prepared to teach first-
year college writing, research writing, introductory humanities literature, as
well as courses in language studies. Active participation in departmental
service and student advising is also expected.

Qualifications: Ph.D. must be in hand at the time of employment. In addition
to expertise and scholarship in the specified field, all candidates must have
documented training and experience in teaching composition, proven
excellence in teaching, and a demonstrated commitment to service.
Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well during the
interview process, which may include a teaching demonstration. All
applicants must be work eligible.

How to Apply: Please indicate you are applying for the English faculty
position in Applied Linguistics and Second Language Literacy. Send a letter
of application, CV, transcripts, three current letters of recommendation,
scholarly publication in applied linguistics and critical approaches to
(language) education, and a one-page statement of teaching philosophy to Dr.
Tina Perdue at the application address below.

For full consideration, completed applications are due by November 28, 2011
and will continue until the position is filled. We plan to screen applicants by
telephone and will be inviting candidates for campus visits in early spring
2012.

Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. IUP is an
equal opportunity employer M/F/H/V. For more information about IUP, visit
our website at http://www.iup.edu.

Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a member of the State System of
Higher Education.

Application Deadline: 28-Nov-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Tina Perdue, Recruitment Chair
	English Department
	110 Leonard Hall