22.4362, Jobs: Quantitative/Experimental Ling: EFL Int'l Chair, Laboratory EFL

Thu Nov 3 23:42:24 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4362. Thu Nov 03 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4362, Jobs: Quantitative/Experimental Ling: EFL Int'l Chair, Laboratory EFL

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Nov-2011
From:  Pollet Samvelian [pollet.samvelian at univ-paris3.fr]
Subject: Quantitative Linguistics; Experimental Linguistics: EFL International Chair, Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics, Paris, France

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 19:41:22
From:  Pollet Samvelian [pollet.samvelian at univ-paris3.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4362.html&submissionid=4535249&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics
Job Location: Paris, France
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.org/
Job Rank: EFL International chair

Specialty Areas: Quantitative Linguistics; Experimental Linguistics

Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics (EFL)

The Laboratoire d'excellence "Empirical Foundations of Linguistics: data,
methods, models" is calling for applications for the EFL International chair.

We seek applicants in the following domains:
-  phonetic and phonological complexity
-  experimental grammar from a cross-linguistic perspective
-  typology and dynamics of linguistic systems
-  language representation and processing in a lifespan perspective
-  computational semantic analysis
-  language resources: lexica, corpora and tools
-  empirical methods in linguistics and epistemology

The position is offered by the Laboratoire d'excellence "Empirical Foundations
of Linguistics: data, methods, models" (LabEx EFL). This 10 year project is
funded by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research and relies
on a cluster of 13 research teams (Alpage, CRLAO, HTL, Lacito, Lattice,
LIPN, Llacan, LLF, LPP-P3, LPP-P5, LPNcog/Memcog, MII, Sedyl) from 5
Parisian Universities (Sorbonne Nouvelle University, Paris Diderot University,
Paris Descartes University, Paris 13 University and INaLCO), in a partnership
with CNRS, INRIA and IRD. The project's aim is to promote innovative
interdisciplinary research between different fields of theoretical and
'hyphenated' linguistics, with a special focus on empirical foundations and
experimental methods.

Eligible candidates are professors (tenured or not) willing to deliver a weekly
seminar on a research topic significantly contributing to the EFL project.

Applications are invited for a period of 1 to 3 months in the years 2012, 2013
and 2014 and should comprise:
-  A curriculum vitae (with list of publications)
-  A 1-page summary of the intended seminar
-  Dates when available and intended length of stay in Paris
The Labex will cover all the invited professor's expenses (travel + per diem).

For professors available in 2012, complete applications should be submitted
by November 10th, 2011 to the application email address below.
For professors available in 2013 or 2014 please send applications by April
10th, 2012 to the same address.

Application Deadline: 10-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: pollet.samvelian at univ-paris3.fr
Contact Information