22.4375, Jobs: Language Resources Development: Engineer, Laboratory EFL

Fri Nov 4 13:53:03 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4375. Fri Nov 04 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4375, Jobs: Language Resources Development: Engineer, Laboratory EFL

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Nov-2011
From: Clément Plancq [clement.plancq at inguist.jussieu.fr]
Subject: A Joint Approach to Language Resources Development: Engineer, Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics, Paris, France

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 09:51:46
From: Clément Plancq [clement.plancq at inguist.jussieu.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4375.html&submissionid=4535257&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics
Job Location: Paris, France
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.org/
Job Rank: Engineer

Specialty Areas: A Joint Approach to Language Resources Development

Contact: Clément Plancq, LLF - Benoît Sagot, ALPAGE
Contact email: clement.plancq at inguist.jussieu.fr, benoit.sagot at inria.fr
University: University Paris 7
Job rank: Engineer
Duration: 3 years renewable, from January 1st 2012
approximately 1,600-2,000 EUR net income a month according to qualifications
Application deadline: 2011/11/10
Application email: benoit.sagot at inria.fr
Application reference: EFL-LR1

The Labex EFL invites applications for a position within the 10-year project
"Empirical foundations of linguistics" that started in 2011. This position is
open within the strand 6 "Languages resources" of this project. This a full
time position

The successful applicant will have three main activities : build and maintain
an online inventory of existing language resources among the 13 laboratories
of the EFL project, shift existing resources towards standardization and
interoperability, add UI (thin client) upon existing tools.

The candidate will be familiar with XML and XML related technologies (XSL,
XPath, DOM), he will have a good knowledge of language resources
standards (OLAC, TEI, LMF). The successful candidate will have strong
skills in web development (server side languages (PHP, Python or Java),
AJAX libraries (JQuery or Prototype) and web services technologies (REST
or SOAP)), good sense of user interface. Interest in linguistics will be
appreciated.

To apply, please send: an updated CV, a motivation letter, 2 names of
possible referees.

Application Deadline: 10-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: benoit.sagot at inria.fr
Contact Information: