22.4376, Jobs: Empirical Linguistics: Lab Assistant, Laboratory EFL

Fri Nov 4 14:06:19 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4376. Fri Nov 04 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4376, Jobs: Empirical Linguistics: Lab Assistant, Laboratory EFL

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Nov-2011
From:  Hemforth [barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr]
Subject: Empirical Linguistics: Lab Assistant, Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics, Paris, France

Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:03:53
From:  Hemforth [barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4376.html&submissionid=4535258&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Laboratory Empirical Foundations of Linguistics
Job Location: Paris, France
Web Address: http://www.labex-efl.org/
Job Rank: Lab Assistant

Specialty Areas: Psycholinguistics; Empirical Linguistics

Contact: Barbara Hemforth, LLF
Contact email: barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr
University: University Paris 7
Job rank: Engineer
Duration: 24 months, starting December, 1st 2011
Salary: about 1,600-2,000 EUR per month (net income) depending on
qualification
behavioral techniques
Application deadline: 2011/11/10
Application email: barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr
Application reference: EFL-EM3

Applicants are invited to work in the framework of a 10-year project in
linguistics entitled, 'Empirical foundations of linguistics' This is a full-time
position. We may consider two part-time assistants depending on
applications.

e successful applicant will have to document qualifications in
linguistics/psycholinguistics at the Master's level. A PhD will be a large plus.
Speaking French will be helpful but not a requirement. Applicants will be
assessed by an expert committee. The main emphasis of the assessment
will be on the applicant's potential for empirical research, as evident from:
Master's thesis or equivalent, PhD thesis, and other scholarly work.

Please join with your application: CV; two names of referent (with email
address); web address with publications.

The lab assistant will be working in an interdisciplinary research team with
linguists, psycholinguists, and computational linguists. The major tasks will
be to make an inventory of experimental techniques used in the participating
labs (including some field linguistics) and to help harmonize and mutualize
the techniques as well as to develop new paradigms. The applicant will assist
in the coordination of empirical work and in teaching. We are looking for a
candidate with a strong background in linguistics and psycholinguistics and
with strong social as well as technical abilities.

Application Deadline: 10-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: barbara.hemforth at parisdescartes.fr
Contact Information
	Hemforth