22.4469, Support: General Ling :PhD or M.A. Student, U of Oxford, UK

Tue Nov 8 20:48:58 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4469. Tue Nov 08 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4469, Support: General Ling :PhD or M.A. Student, U of Oxford, UK

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Lili Xia <lxia at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 07-Nov-2011
From: Mary Dalrymple [mary.dalrymple at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics :PhD or M.A. Student, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK

Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:48:18
From: Mary Dalrymple [mary.dalrymple at ling-phil.ox.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4469.html&submissionid=4535464&topicid=12&msgnumber=1
 Institution/Organization: University of Oxford
Department: Faculty of Linguistics, Philology & Phonetics
Web Address: http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/

Level: PhD

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Faculty of Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics at the University of Oxford
anticipates that we will be able to offer several AHRC Doctoral Studentships
(funding for three years) and AHRC Master's Studentship (funding for two years)
for study beginning in 2012. AHRC Studentships are held by students from the UK
and EU: the studentship covers full-time fees and maintenance for UK students,
and fees only for EU students outside the UK.

Clarendon Scholarships provide funding for study at Oxford, and cover full-time
fees and maintenance. We anticipate that we will be able to offer one or two
Clarendon Scholarships for master's or doctoral study in linguistics. Unlike
previous years, Clarendon Scholarships are open to all applicants, regardless of
nationality.

Oxford's Humanities Division has also been given funding for 6 Wolfson
Scholarships; these are doctoral awards for which students in linguistics are
also eligible.

The Rawnsley Scholarship funds doctoral students of Czech, Slovak or Polish
nationality, working in the fields of Czech, Slovak, Polish, or English language
or literature (or in a field which combines the study of these subjects), OR
students of any nationality eligible for UK/EU fee status and studying Czech,
Slovak, or Polish languages or literature (or in a field which combines the
study of these subjects).

Students interested in being considered for these studentships must submit their
applications by 20 January 2012, and indicate their interest in the AHRC
Studentships and Clarendon Scholarships by ticking the box on the application
form. All eligible candidates will be considered for Wolfson Scholarships. The
application for the Rawnsley Scholarship is available here:

http://www.st-hughs.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate-study/graduate-scholarships

For more information on graduate funding for the study of linguistics at Oxford,
please consult:

http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/funding

Information for prospective graduate students is available here:

http://www.ling-phil.ox.ac.uk/pros_graduates

Application Deadline: 20-Jan-2012

Web Address for Applications: https://apply.embark.com/grad/Oxford/

Contact Information: