22.4472, FYI: Translation Studies now in the SSCI

Wed Nov 9 15:57:03 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4472. Wed Nov 09 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4472, FYI: Translation Studies now in the SSCI

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Brent Miller <brent at linguistlist.org>

Date: 09-Nov-2011
From: Jodie Bell [jodie.bell at tandf.co.uk]
Subject: Translation Studies now in the SSCI

Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:56:46
From: Jodie Bell [jodie.bell at tandf.co.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4472.html&submissionid=4535585&topicid=6&msgnumber=1

Routledge are pleased to announce Translation Studies
(www.tandfonline.com/rtrs) is now listed in the Thomson Reuters Social
Sciences and Arts & Humanities Citation Indices, and will receive a first
Impact Factor in 2012.

Translation Studies aims to extend the methodologies, areas of interest
and conceptual frameworks inside the discipline, while testing the
traditional boundaries of the notion of "translation" and offering a forum
for debate focusing on historical, social, institutional and cultural facets
of translation.

In addition to scholars within Translation Studies, we invite those as yet
unfamiliar with or wary of Translation Studies to enter the discussion.
Such scholars include people working in literary theory, sociology,
ethnography, philosophy, semiotics, history and historiography,
theology, gender studies, postcolonialism, and related fields.

The journal supports the conscious pooling of resources for particular
purposes and encourages the elaboration of joint methodological
frameworks.

Translation Studies is published 3 times per year, and is edited by Kate
Sturge, of Aston University, and Michaela Wolf, of the University of
Graz. Find out more at www.tandfonline.com/rtrs

Don't forget you can access the most cited articles for all our Language
and Linguistics journals at http://bit.ly/highlycited_lang

Linguistic Field(s): Translation