22.4660, Jobs: Project Editor, De Gruyter

Tue Nov 22 16:08:01 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4660. Tue Nov 22 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4660, Jobs: Project Editor, De Gruyter

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 22-Nov-2011
From: Kerstin Maiazza [kerstin.maiazza at degruyter.com]
Subject: Project Editor, De Gruyter, Massachusetts, USA

Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 11:06:44
From: Kerstin Maiazza [kerstin.maiazza at degruyter.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4660.html&submissionid=4536367&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: De Gruyter
Department: De Gruyter Mouton
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Web Address: http://www.degruyter.de/cont/serv/stellenangebote/stellenangebot_projecteditorEn.cfm
Job Rank: Project Editor

Specialty Areas: Not Applicable

Walter de Gruyter, Inc. is the Boston office of Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co.
KG in Berlin, Germany. De Gruyter has more than two centuries of publishing
experience in the humanities and natural sciences. Over 850 new books are
added to an archive of more than 65,000 titles each year. The product
portfolio also includes more than 170 academic journals and 35 databases,
We are currently seeking a full-time
Project Editor
for our Boston office to work at our linguistics division (Mouton). The project
editor will have the following duties:
-  Processing publication proposals and manuscripts
-  Assisting with the development and management of publications
-  Supervising the peer review process
-  Preparing contracts
-  Assisting with planning and budgeting
-  Data input
-  Correspondence with authors and editors
-  Overseeing the production process
-  Providing marketing support

The requirements are:
-  An academic degree with a good GPA
-  Editorial experience at an academic publisher or similar experience
elsewhere
-  Excellent computer proficiency
-  Fluent spoken and written English
-  Good communication and management skills
-  Availability for occasional travel, including training in Germany

Proficiency in German and a background in linguistics would be
advantageous but are not required.  The position offers competitive salary
and benefits.

Please send a detailed CV with a cover letter to Ms. Kerstin Maiazza, HR
Director,  at the application contact information below.  Deadline for
submission of applications: November 30, 2011.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Kerstin Maiazza
	Genthiner Str. 13
	Berlin 10785