22.4693, Jobs: Arabic; Discourse Analysis: Associate Professor, Qatar University

Sat Nov 26 01:16:42 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4693. Fri Nov 25 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4693, Jobs: Arabic; Discourse Analysis: Associate Professor, Qatar University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 24-Nov-2011
From: Ali AlKubaisi [alialkbc at qu.edu.qa]
Subject: Arabic; Discourse Analysis: Associate Professor, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar

Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 20:14:44
From: Ali AlKubaisi [alialkbc at qu.edu.qa]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4693.html&submissionid=4536509&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Qatar University
Department: Department of Arabic Language
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Web Address: http://www.qu.edu.qa/artssciences/arabic/
Job Rank: Associate Professor

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

The Department of Arabic at Qatar University, Doha, invites applications for Associate
Professor of Discourse Analysis, to begin in the Fall of 2012. The position is three years
renewable. Application to this position is open to scholars with substantive research,
academic and teaching experience in discourse analysis. Fluency in Arabic and proficiency
in English or another European language is required. The candidate must use effective
teaching methods that utilize modern technological innovations to ensure the creation of an
environment most conducive to learning for the Master students joining the program. The
Department of Arabic is committed to familiarizing students with a wide range of texts,
theories and perspectives, and to helping create an inclusive intellectual community at
Qatar University. Applications should be submitted via Qatar University's online application
service by January 31st, 2012. To obtain a more complete description of the position as
well as to submit applications, candidates should visit the application URL below. Initial
interviews will be conducted via Skype.

Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2012

Web Address for Applications: http://recruit.qu.edu.qa/pls/recruitment/print_job_detail?p_adv_job_no=0100-11-052
Contact Information: