22.4705, Jobs: English Language Linguistics: Lecturer, University of York

Sat Nov 26 16:00:45 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4705. Sat Nov 26 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4705, Jobs: English Language Linguistics: Lecturer, University of York

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 25-Nov-2011
From: Peter Sells [peter.sells at york.ac.uk]
Subject: English Language Linguistics: Lecturer, University of York, United Kingdom

Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:58:31
From: Peter Sells [peter.sells at york.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4705.html&submissionid=4536542&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of York
Department: Language and Linguistic Science
Job Location: York, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.york.ac.uk/language/
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

The Department of Language and Linguistic Science is seeking to appoint a
Lecturer to contribute to research and teaching in the field of English
Language Linguistics from 1 September 2012 or as soon as possible thereafter.

The post is suitable for an early to mid-career linguist who is
establishing, or has established, a track record of high quality
publications in peer-reviewed journals and who is also committed to
excellence in teaching and supervision. The person appointed will play a
full part in the research, teaching, supervision and administration of the
Department, with particular responsibility for teaching and supervising in
the English Language and Linguistics degree. We welcome applications from
scholars whose research and teaching interests include the linguistics of
the English Language, and whose perspective will make a significant
addition to our research cluster in Language Variation and Change.

Applicants should ensure that they meet the Essential Criteria in the
Person Specification section of the further information associated with the
post before starting an application. Applicants should have demonstrable
experience working with electronic corpora, as well as the following
professional abilities: to undertake research in English Language
linguistics at an international level; to participate in ongoing research
activities in the department; to raise external research funds; to publish
in leading international journals; to teach History of English; to teach on
our undergraduate programme in the area of English Language; to teach and
supervise postgraduate and research students (MA and PhD).

Informal enquiries may be made to the Head of Department (Professor Peter
Sells) by e-mail (peter.sells at york.ac.uk). Salary in the range: £35,788 -
£44,016 per annum. The post is full-time for 37 hours per week.

Closing date: Thursday, 5 January 2012.
Interview date: Friday, 10 February 2012.

Application Deadline: 05-Jan-2012

Web Address for Applications: http://tinyurl.com/YorkEnglishLanguage
Contact Information:
	Professor Peter Sells