22.4781, Jobs: Spanish; Interpreting: Assistant Professor, U of Louisville

Wed Nov 30 23:44:02 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4781. Wed Nov 30 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4781, Jobs: Spanish; Interpreting: Assistant Professor, U of Louisville

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 30-Nov-2011
From: Clare Sullivan [clara.sullivan at louisville.edu]
Subject: Spanish; Interpreting: Assistant Professor, University of Louisville, KY, USA

Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 18:42:47
From: Clare Sullivan [clara.sullivan at louisville.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4781.html&submissionid=4536884&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Louisville
Department: Classical & Modern Languages
Job Location: Kentucky, USA
Web Address: http://louisville.edu/modernlanguages/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Translation; Interpreting

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

University of Louisville
Classical and Modern Languages, Humanities 322
Assistant Professor of Spanish: Interpreting Studies. Tenure-track. To begin
fall 2012.

The Department of Classical and Modern Languages invites applications from
a dedicated professional to teach courses in simultaneous and consecutive
interpreting. Language pair Spanish-English--native or near-native proficiency
in both required; third language desirable. Ph.D. or equivalent (i.e., terminal
degree in the field) necessary.

Commitment to teaching excellence and scholarship essential. Record of
successful recent professional interpreting experience required. Applicants
must present an active research agenda, provide evidence of teaching
effectiveness and be willing to work collaboratively with administrators,
colleagues, and students as the department continues to develop a new
graduate program in translation and interpreting.

Dossiers received by December 31, 2011 will have full consideration but
review of applications will continue until position has been filled. Initial
interviews will be conducted by phone in early December. Please fill out our
online application form at the University of Louisville Human Resources
website, application URL below. Select Job ID # 90015569. You will be
asked to upload your CV. Then send a cover letter, a hard copy of your CV,
evidence of teaching excellence, and an official graduate transcript to
Professor Clare Sullivan at the application address below. Please also have
three letters of recommendation sent to Professor Sullivan.

The University of Louisville is a nationally recognized research university
located in the largest Metropolitan area of Kentucky. It is an Affirmative
Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Employer, committed
to diversity. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodations to participate in the hiring process, please contact the
Employment Office at (502) 852-6538.

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2011 (Open until filled)
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Clare Sullivan, Chair
	Spanish Interpreting Search
	Department of Classical and Modern Languages
	University of Louisville
	Louisville, KY 40292
	USA
Web Address for Applications: http://www.louisville.edu/jobs