22.3830, Jobs: Lang & Technology: Asst Prof, Rochester Institute of Technology

Mon Oct 3 13:20:13 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3830. Mon Oct 03 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3830, Jobs: Lang & Technology: Asst Prof, Rochester Institute of Technology

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 30-Sep-2011
From: Doris Borrelli [Doris.Borrelli at rit.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics; Language and Technology: Assistant Professor, Rochester Institute of Technology, NY, USA

Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 09:17:44
From: Doris Borrelli [Doris.Borrelli at rit.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3830.html&submissionid=4533123&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Rochester Institute of Technology
Department: English
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Language and Technology

Rochester Institute of Technology, College of Liberal Arts
Assistant Professor of English
Instructional Faculty / Assistant Professor
PC# 8735 IRC52177
Department: English
Job Category: Faculty, Tenure Track
Starting Date: late August, 2011

The Department of English at the Rochester Institute of Technology invites
applications for an Assistant Professor of English tenure-track position with
specialization in Internet Linguistics or related field of intersection between
Linguistics and Digital Humanities to begin late August 2012.

The successful applicant will be a teacher and scholar of new media
language forms and computer-mediated communication. These will be
examined from one or more disciplinary lenses within linguistics, including but
not limited to formal structural, stylistic, sociolinguistic, educational, applied,
computational, or global perspectives. Preference will be given to candidates
who approach the interaction between human language and technology with
methodologies that engage social, cultural, and disciplinary dimensions to
communication.

Teaching assignments may include introductory, intermediate, or advanced
courses in language and technology and general linguistics, as well as other
general education offerings including first year writing.

We are seeking an individual who has the interest and ability to contribute to
a community committed to Respect, Diversity and Pluralism.

Required Qualifications: Ph.D. in English or Linguistics in hand. Evidence of
outstanding teaching, strong research agenda, and publication record.

Preferred Qualifications: We seek candidates who approach their subject
matter with fresh critical and theoretical perspectives. Interdisciplinary
approaches are especially welcome. Excellent communication,
organizational, and interpersonal skills.

Candidates should be able to contribute in meaningful ways to the college's
continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual
differences.

Apply online at the application URL below, Faculty Search: IRC52177. Please
submit your cover letter addressing the listed qualifications; a Vita; a
statement of teaching philosophy; a diversity statement; and the names,
addresses, and phone numbers for three references.

You can contact the search committee chair with questions on the position at
the email address below.

The Rochester Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer.

Application Deadline: 01-Nov-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://apptrkr.com/209559
Contact Information: