22.3877, Jobs: Quantitative Modeling/Experimental Design: Asst Prof, Indiana U

Wed Oct 5 20:03:55 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3877. Wed Oct 05 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3877, Jobs: Quantitative Modeling/Experimental Design: Asst Prof, Indiana U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 04-Oct-2011
From: Robert Botne [botner at indiana.edu]
Subject: Quantificational Modeling/Experimental Design in Phonetics/Phonology or Semantics: Assistant Professor, Indiana University, USA

Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 15:46:57
From: Robert Botne [botner at indiana.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3877.html&submissionid=4533466&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Indiana University
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.indiana.edu/~lingdept/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Phonology; Semantics

The Department of Linguistics at Indiana University invites applications for a full-
time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor. The candidate
must possess demonstrated strength in quantitative or statistical modeling,
experimental design, and/or variable data analysis, provide clear evidence of a
strong research program in either phonetics/phonology or semantics, and show
potential for external funding.

In addition, the successful candidate must provide evidence of excellence in
teaching, and will be expected to contribute to both undergraduate and graduate
instruction. The PhD should be in hand prior to the target date of appointment,
August 2012.

To apply, please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of
recommendation, as well as evidence of teaching effectiveness and a sample of
published work. To ensure full consideration, all required materials must be
received no later than November 30, 2011.

Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
welcomes individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who
embrace and value diversity.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Search Committee