22.3920, Jobs: General Ling; Syntax; Morphology: PhD Student, U of Stuttgart

Sat Oct 8 01:06:36 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3920. Fri Oct 07 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3920, Jobs: General Ling; Syntax; Morphology: PhD Student, U of Stuttgart

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 06-Oct-2011
From: Artemis Alexiadou [artemis at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de]
Subject: General Linguistics; Syntax; Morphology: PhD Student, University of Stuttgart, Germany

Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:05:11
From: Artemis Alexiadou [artemis at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3920.html&submissionid=4533585&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Stuttgart
Department: Institute of English Linguistics
Job Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Web Address: http://ifla.uni-stuttgart.de
Job Rank: PhD Student

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Morphology; Syntax

The chair of Theoretical and English Linguistics at the Institute of Linguistics, University
of Stuttgart,Germany, invites applications for one Ph.D. position in theoretical linguistics,
available from November 1st (or later). Salary is according to the German TV-L E13
(50%) scale.

The candidate will contribute to the project B6 of the Sonderforschungsbereich
(collaborative research center) 732, (http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/linguistik/sfb732/),
'Incremental Specification in Context'. The project investigates the relation between
syntactic Voice alternations (and syntactic configurations more generally) and Voice
morphology, and its implication for theories of Voice and theories of morphology/syntax
interactions.

Desired qualifications:
-  Excellent university degree in Linguistics
-  Specialization in/interest in Romance languages and comparative linguistics in general
-  Previous exposure to syntactic and morphological theory

We offer the opportunity to work on cutting-edge research projects in a dynamic and
international research team with up-to-date infrastructure and resources. English is the
working language; nevertheless, an ability to speak, or willingness to learn German is
appreciated.

Please send inquiries and applications to Artemis Alexiadou (see contact information
below).

Applications should be in PDF format and include a short statement of research
interests, a CV, and the names of two references. The position is open until filled.

The University of Stuttgart is committed to increasing the proportion of women in
research and teaching. Qualified women are encouraged to apply. According to German
law, disabled candidates with equal qualification will be given preference.

Email Address for Applications: artemis at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de
Contact Information:
	Professor Artemis Alexiadou
	Email: artemis at ifla.uni-stuttgart.de