22.3978, Jobs: Computational Ling; Speech Recognition Technologist, Sensory, Inc

Tue Oct 11 19:09:19 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3978. Tue Oct 11 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3978, Jobs: Computational Ling; Speech Recognition Technologist, Sensory, Inc

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 11-Oct-2011
From: Mina Wong [mwong at sensoryinc.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Speech Recognition Technologist, Sensory, Inc., Oregon, USA

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:06:15
From: Mina Wong [mwong at sensoryinc.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3978.html&submissionid=4533944&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Sensory, Inc.
Job Location: Oregon, USA
Web Address: http://www.sensoryinc.com
Job Rank: Speech Recognition Technologist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Seeking a speech recognition technologist with a strong background in statistics
and linguistics.

Primary Duties/Responsibilities:
-  Train acoustic models in a variety of languages for automatic speech
recognition systems
-  Design and execute automated collection of speech data

Qualifications:
-  Knowledge of both statistics and linguistics
-  Skilled in at least one scripting and/or programming language
-  3-5 years total job experience in a related field
-  MBS Computer Science or BSEE; statistics and language must be a
substantial part of the academic background
    or
-MA/BA in computational linguistics; programming must be a substantial part of
the academic background

Email Address for Applications: jobs at sensoryinc.com
Contact Information:
	Mina Wong