22.4032, Jobs: Theoretical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University

Sat Oct 15 01:32:12 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4032. Fri Oct 14 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4032, Jobs: Theoretical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 14-Oct-2011
From: Jaklin Kornfilt [kornfilt at syr.edu]
Subject: Theoretical Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Syracuse University, NY, USA

Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 21:30:19
From: Jaklin Kornfilt [kornfilt at syr.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4032.html&submissionid=4534281&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Syracuse University
Department: Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: http://lang.syr.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

Assistant Professor of Linguistics (028327)

The Linguistics program in the Department of Languages, Literatures, and
Linguistics at Syracuse University invites applications for a tenure-track
assistant professor of Linguistics. We seek candidates with research interests
in one or more of the following areas of theoretical linguistics: syntax,
morphology, phonology, as well as the phonology-morphology and morphology-
syntax interfaces. Interest in formal semantics and pragmatics highly desirable.
The successful candidate may be expected to teach undergraduate and
graduate courses in general linguistic analysis, morphology, syntax, formal
semantics, and pragmatics. Ph.D. in theoretical linguistics required in hand by
August 2012.

The successful candidate will contribute to the core curriculum of the Linguistics
Studies minor, major, and master of arts degree programs, to the linguistic
theory concentration, and to a computational linguistics curriculum currently in
development.

Applicants must complete a confidential, faculty application, and submit a letter
of application, CV, and contact information for 3 references at the application
URL below to job number 028327. For priority consideration, completed
application must be received by 12/1/11; application deadline 12/15/11.
Syracuse University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution, and
we welcome applications from diverse candidates. Women and minorities are
especially encouraged to apply.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2012 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: http://www.sujobopps.com
Contact Information:
	Professor Jaklin Kornfilt
	Email: kornfilt at syr.edu