22.4046, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Visiting Lecturer/Asst Prof, U of Cyprus

Mon Oct 17 14:29:30 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4046. Mon Oct 17 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4046, Jobs: Language Acquisition: Visiting Lecturer/Asst Prof, U of Cyprus

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 17-Oct-2011
From: Phoevos Panagiotidis [phoevos at ucy.ac.cy]
Subject: Language Acquisition: Visiting Lecturer/Assistant Professor, University of Cyprus

Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 10:28:27
From: Phoevos Panagiotidis [phoevos at ucy.ac.cy]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4046.html&submissionid=4534393&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Cyprus
Department: Department of English Studies
Job Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Job Rank: Visiting Lecturer/Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition

The Department of English Studies at the University of Cyprus invites
applications for a visiting position for the Spring Semester 2012 (15 Jan-31
May) in Language Acquisition at the rank of Lecturer or Assistant Professor.
The candidate should have a research record in First or Second Language
Acquisition, with a background in mental-cognitive approaches to the study of
language and its development.

The successful candidate will be required to teach three courses: first year
Language and Mind, third year Psycholinguistics and either third year
Language Change and Development or second year Topics in Morphology
and Syntax. She or he will also get involved with post-graduate training
offered in the department.

Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in a relevant subject.

Monthly gross salaries, in EURO, for these positions are approximately:
-  Visiting Academic (Assistant Professor): EUR 3,643.84
-  Visiting Academic (Lecturer): EUR 3,178.23

Anyone wishing to apply should submit:
1.  Letter of application mentioning the rank you are applying for
2.  Curriculum vitae
3.  Three representative publications
4.  Summary of current and future research plans (2-3pp.)
5.  Copies of degree certificates
6.  Applicants must request three academic referees to send letters of
recommendation directly to the University. The names and addresses of
these referees must be submitted with the application.

The applications should be sent to Dr. Phoevos Panagiotidis, Coordinator of
the Linguistics Section of the Department, at the application address below.

For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Dr.
Phoevos Panagiotidis, contact information below.

Application Deadline: 11-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Phoevos Panagiotidis
	Linguistics Coordinator, Dept. of English Studies
	University of Cyprus, Kallipoleos 75
	P.O. Box 20537
	1678 Nicosia
	Cyprus