22.4066, Jobs: Spanish; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, U of Massachusetts

Tue Oct 18 15:40:07 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4066. Tue Oct 18 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4066, Jobs: Spanish; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, U of Massachusetts

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 17-Oct-2011
From: Ann Blum [ann.blum at umb.edu]
Subject: Spanish; Translation: Asst/Assoc Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:38:38
From: Ann Blum [ann.blum at umb.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4066.html&submissionid=4534423&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Massachusetts Boston
Department: Department of Hispanic Studies
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor

Specialty Areas: Translation

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Spanish Language

The Department of Hispanic Studies at the University of Massachusetts Boston
is seeking a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Spanish Language to start
September 1, 2012. PhD required in Translation or Spanish with an MA in
Translation or equivalent (must be awarded by no later than August 2012). The
successful candidate will have the opportunity to implement, with other faculty,
a new undergraduate curricular track in Translation Studies and must be
prepared to teach courses such as, Intermediate Translation; Advanced
Translation: History, Theory, and Technique; Varieties of Spanish in the
Americas; Language and Power in Latin America; History of the Spanish
Language; and courses in UMass Boston's General Education program.

Qualifications:
Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to scholarship and to
teaching excellence in an urban public university. Native or near native fluency
in Spanish and English required.

Applications should contain a cover letter, a current CV, three letters of
recommendation, sample syllabi of translation courses, and brief statements
about your scholarship and teaching philosophy. Please send completed
applications by December 1, 2011. Please indicate whether you plan to attend
this year's MLA Convention. Application materials can be sent to the
application address below or the application email address below.

UMass Boston is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Title IX employer.

Application Deadline: 16-Dec-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Hispanic Studies Department Ann Blum
	University of Massachusetts Boston