22.4069, Jobs: Arabic Language; Asst Prof, Michigan State University

Tue Oct 18 15:59:37 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4069. Tue Oct 18 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4069, Jobs: Arabic Language; Asst Prof, Michigan State University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 18-Oct-2011
From: TALISHA WINSTON [revierew at msu.edu]
Subject: Arabic Language Learning and Teaching: Asst Prof, Michigan State University, MI, USA

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:57:41
From: TALISHA WINSTON [revierew at msu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4069.html&submissionid=4534462&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Michigan State University
Department: Linguistics and Germanic, Slavic, Asian, and Afri
Job Location: Michigan, USA
Web Address: http://linglang.msu.edu/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Arabic Language Learning and Teaching

Required Language(s): Arabic, Standard (arb)

Michigan State University seeks to fill a tenured or tenure system position in
Arabic language learning and teaching. This person will provide strong
leadership as the Academic Director of the Arabic Language Flagship Program
in the Department of Linguistics and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African
Languages in the College of Arts & Letters beginning August 16, 2012. Rank
and salary are open. PhD required. We seek candidates with primary interests
and experience in the teaching and learning of Arabic language and culture. The
successful candidate will benefit from a supportive language community that
includes the Center for Language Teaching Advancement, strong Second
Language Studies doctoral program, world-renowned study abroad initiatives and
the MSU Muslim Studies Center. We welcome applicants whose research would
especially benefit from collaborative opportunities in an interdisciplinary work
environment. Teaching responsibilities will include Arabic language and culture
courses in the Arabic Program, was well as an integrated Arts and Humanities
course on Arabic culture. Applicants should submit: updated CV, writing sample,
statement of research interests, statement of teaching philosophy and names of
potential referees. Review of applications will begin October 28, 2011 and will
continue until the position is filled.

Please send all materials to the application address below. All applications for
this position must be submitted electronically at the Michigan State Human
Resources website http://jobs.msu.edu/

MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to
achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively
encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color,
veterans and persons with disabilities.

Mailing Address for Applications:
	Dr. Thomas Lovik
	Arabic Language Teaching Position