22.4087, Jobs: Spanish & Applied Ling: Lecturer, Barnard College, USA

Wed Oct 19 21:09:41 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4087. Wed Oct 19 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4087, Jobs: Spanish & Applied Ling: Lecturer, Barnard College, USA

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Erica Wicks <erica at linguistlist.org>

Date: 19-Oct-2011
From: Wadda Rios-Font [wriosfont at barnard.edu]
Subject: Spanish, Applied Linguistics:  Lecturer, Barnard College, USA

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:07:29
From: Wadda Rios-Font [wriosfont at barnard.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4087.html&submissionid=4534527&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Barnard College
Department: Spanish and Latin American Cultures
Job Location: New York, USA
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Lecturer in Language (Spanish)

Full-time appointment with renewal contingent on excellent
performance, to begin in Fall 2012. Ph.D. preferred, with a specialization
in Applied Linguistics / Teaching Spanish as a Second/Foreign Language.
Position requires native or near-native Spanish, excellence in Spanish
language teaching at all levels, and an active interest in the following
methodologies: task-based instruction, content-based instruction, and
teaching Spanish for specific (academic) purposes.  Appointee must be
proficient in the use of technology in the language curriculum.

Send application letter; curriculum vitae; dossier including statement of
teaching philosophy, selected course syllabi/evaluations, and writing
sample if available; and three letters of recommendation to the address
below.  Applications are due November 15, 2011.

Barnard is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications
from women and from individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds.

Application Deadline: 15-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Prof. Wadda Rios-Font, Chair
	Dept. of Spanish and Latin American Cultures
	Barnard College
	3009 Broadway
	New York, NY 10027
	USA