22.4113, Jobs: Text/corpus Ling: Computational Linguist, RightNow Technologies

Thu Oct 20 20:43:03 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4113. Thu Oct 20 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4113, Jobs: Text/corpus Ling: Computational Linguist, RightNow Technologies

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Oct-2011
From: Andrea Marston [andrea.marston at rightnow.com]
Subject: Natural Language Processing; Computational Linguistics; Text/corpus Linguistics: Computational Linguist, RightNow Technologies, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:41:51
From: Andrea Marston [andrea.marston at rightnow.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4113.html&submissionid=4534602&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: RightNow Technologies
Job Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Web Address: http://www.rightnow.com
Job Rank: Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

RightNow Technologies is seeking a Computational Linguist, fluent in German
and English, with experience in a software development environment for its
location in Amsterdam, NL. As a Computational Linguist at RightNow, you will
help drive development and delivery of our question and answer product,
Intent Guide. You will also work directly with RightNow Research to continue
to push Intent Guide functionality to the next level. Intent Guide is an efficient
way to engage with self-service consumers online, shaping next generation
customer experiences. This powerful solution identifies the intent behind the
query to eliminate irrelevant search results and get to the high value answers
that customers are seeking. Contextual offers are delivered with the answers
to help customers get more out of each interaction. Fast and accurate results
will improve customer satisfaction, increase customer loyalty and drive higher
conversion.

This is a permanent position at 40 hours/week.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-  Building tools and automating process to improve matching for question
and answer technology
-  Experience interfacing with customers, both onsite and via email
-  Must have a keen interest in supporting Sales and dynamic Product
Management initiatives
-  Experience leveraging statistical methods in natural language engineering
to build automated semantic search engines

Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background:
-  Fluency in English and German required; fluency in Dutch preferred
-  3+ years experience with relational databases
-  Scripting in Python and/or Perl
-  3+ years in a software production environment (R&D)
-  3+ years of industry experience in corpus and computational linguistics
(dictionary creation, list management, corpus acquisition, tagging, kb
management)
-  Experience with statistical methods in natural language engineering
-  Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
-  Advanced coursework in computational linguistics
-  Good to have: C++ programming experience

Email Address for Applications: emeajobs at rightnow.com
Contact Information:
	Andrea Marston
	Email: andrea.marston at rightnow.com