22.4125, Jobs: Applied Ling; Lang Acquisition: Asst Prof, University of Texas

Fri Oct 21 15:27:07 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4125. Fri Oct 21 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4125, Jobs: Applied Ling; Lang Acquisition: Asst Prof, University of Texas

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 20-Oct-2011
From: College of Arts and Humanities Dean's Office [coah at utpa.edu]
Subject: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Asst Prof, University of Texas - Pan American, TX, USA

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:25:57
From: College of Arts and Humanities Dean's Office [coah at utpa.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4125.html&submissionid=4534604&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Texas - Pan American
Department: College of Arts and Humanities, English
Job Location: Texas, USA
Web Address: http://www.utpa.edu/dept/english
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

The University of Texas-Pan American
Assistant Professor (F11/12-016)

The University of Texas - Pan American (UTPA) English Department seeks
an Assistant Professor - Applied Linguistics for graduate and undergraduate
programs in English as a second language, applied linguistics, linguistics,
and language studies. Position begins in Fall 2012.

Required: PhD in Applied Linguistics or closely related field required by
August 2012, demonstrated evidence of and potential for continuing
scholarship in an applied area of linguistics and interest in program
development. Graduate coursework in theoretical and applied areas of
linguistics. Position begins in Fall 2012. Preferred: applied emphasis in
second language acquisition theory and practice and/or theoretical emphasis
in phonology, semantics/pragmatics or syntax as applied to linguistics
courses; experience working with minority students, teaching ESL,
developmental writing and/or reading; interest in distance learning, web-based
and computer assisted instruction.

Applications are invited from candidates with strong records and potential as
teachers and scholars. We are looking for a colleague with an interest in and
enthusiasm for developing new programs and curricula in a rapidly growing
and expanding department.

To apply send: Letter of Interest and curriculum vitae. After initial
consideration, additional documents will be
required including official
transcripts of all university degrees, names
of three references, and sample
of published/presented scholarly work. Incomplete applications will not be
considered. Review of applications will begin November 1st, 2011.

Send materials to the application address below.

Screening of applications will begin immediately. Position open until filled. For
the complete ad, see
http://portal.utpa.edu/utpa_main/dba_home/hr_home/hr_empopp
For more information about our department please visit our website:
(http://www.utpa.edu/dept/english).

Note: UTPA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women,
minorities, and qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
This position is security-sensitive as defined by Texas Government Code
411.09 (a) (2). All UTPA employees are required to have a criminal
background check (CBC)Texas law requires faculty members whose primary
language is not English to demonstrate proficiency in English as determined
by a satisfactory paper-based test score of 500 (computer-based of 173 or
internet-based of 61) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
or a satisfactory test score of 6.0 on the International English Language
Testing System (IELTS).

Mailing Address for Applications:
	UTPA, College of Arts and Humanities
	Dean's Office CAS # 334,
	Applied Linguistics Search
	1201 W. University Drive
	Edinburg, TX 78539
	USA
Contact Information:
	College of Arts and Humanities Dean's Office
	Email: coah at utpa.edu