22.4130, Jobs: Comp Ling; Phonology; Morphology: Linguist, AISE Solutions

Fri Oct 21 16:29:24 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4130. Fri Oct 21 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4130, Jobs: Comp Ling; Phonology; Morphology: Linguist, AISE Solutions

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Oct-2011
From: Jodi Bray [applicant at aise4solutions.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Phonology; Morphology: Linguist, AISE Solutions, District of Columbia, USA

Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:28:13
From: Jodi Bray [applicant at aise4solutions.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4130.html&submissionid=4534647&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: AISE Solutions
Job Location: District of Columbia, USA
Job Rank: Linguist; Computational Linguist

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Morphology; Phonology

Computational Linguist/Linguist to assist in the design, development, and
maintenance of multicultural name matching algorithms.

Responsibilities include assisting with the design of multicultural name matching
algorithms, development of dictionaries and tuning parameters used by these
algorithms, and teaching occasional classes on personal names and name
matching. Fluency in one particular language is not required, but must have
skills to analyze data sets from a wide variety of languages. Need to be able to
communicate linguistics concepts to non-linguists.

Must have a bachelors or masters degree in linguistics or similar study with
strong knowledge of the core areas of linguistics, especially phonology and
morphology. Knowledge in the areas of computational linguistics, onomastics
and orthography also beneficial.

Must be a US Citizen and able to qualify for a secret clearance.
Must be able to travel several times a year including travel overseas.
Prior knowledge of SQL and coding languages such as Perl, C++, and C# is
beneficial, but not required.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2011

Email Address for Applications: applicant at aise4solutions.com
Contact Information: