22.4131, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Ling: Instructor, Louisiana State University

Sat Oct 22 14:04:10 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4131. Sat Oct 22 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4131, Jobs: Spanish; Applied Ling: Instructor, Louisiana State University

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 21-Oct-2011
From: Christian Fernandez [cferna2 at lsu.edu]
Subject: Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Instructor/Spanish Language Coordinator, Louisiana State University, Louisiana, USA

Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 10:02:06
From: Christian Fernandez [cferna2 at lsu.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4131.html&submissionid=4534657&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Louisiana State University
Department: Foreign Languages and Literatures
Job Location: Louisiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.lsu.edu/forlang
Job Rank: Instructor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Required Qualifications:
-  Master's degree in Spanish or related area, preferably specialization in applied
linguistics
-  Expertise in language pedagogy
-  Fluency in Spanish
-  Strong commitment to teaching

Additional Qualifications Desired:
-  Language coordination experience

Responsibilities:
-  Teaches and coordinates first and second year undergraduate courses
involving multiple sections
-  Teaches two courses per semester including applied linguistics
-  Supervises and trains graduate teaching assistants

Anticipated hire date is August 2012. An offer of employment is contingent upon
satisfactory pre-employment background check. Application deadline is
December 1, 2011 or until candidate is selected. Apply online at the application
web address below. Submit three letters of recommendation to the application
address below.

Application Deadline: 01-Dec-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Chair John Pizer
	Louisiana State University
	Foreign Languages and Literatures - Position #025811
	316 Hodges Hall
	Baton Rouge, LA 70803
	USA
Web Address for Applications: http://www.lsusystemcareers.lsu.edu