22.4182, Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; Chinese Ling; Lecturer, Australian National Uni

Tue Oct 25 16:16:40 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4182. Tue Oct 25 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4182, Jobs: Mandarin Chinese; Chinese Ling; Lecturer, Australian National Uni

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 24-Oct-2011
From: John Makeham [john.makeham at anu.edu.au]
Subject: Mandarin Chinese; Chinese Linguistics; Chinese Language Pedagogy: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia

Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:16:14
From: John Makeham [john.makeham at anu.edu.au]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4182.html&submissionid=4534824&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Australian National University
Department: School of Culture, History and Language
Job Location: Canberra, Australia
Web Address: http://chl.anu.edu.au/
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics; Chinese linguistics

Required Language(s): Chinese, Mandarin (cmn)

The School of Culture, History and Language (CHL) is one of four Schools within
the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific. Unique in the world, the School is
focused on deep, cutting-edge research and teaching about the people,
language and land of Asia and the Pacific. The Department of Chinese Studies
in the School seeks to appoint a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Level B/C) in Chinese
Language and Linguistics, to play a key role in consolidating and further
developing the undergraduate Mandarin language program.

The successful applicant will possess native or near-native speaker fluency in
Mandarin Chinese and English and a broad knowledge of Chinese language and
Chinese language pedagogy. Applicants should also possess a PhD in Chinese
Studies and a track record of research excellence in Chinese Studies.

Application Deadline: 13-Nov-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://jobs.anu.edu.au/Apply/Intro.aspx?p=2358
Contact Information:
	Professor John Makeham