22.4235, Qs: A question about Warao

Thu Oct 27 14:42:30 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4235. Thu Oct 27 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4235, Qs: A question about Warao

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Zac Smith <zac at linguistlist.org>
          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/

Date: 26-Oct-2011
From: Ljuba Veselinova [ljuba at ling.su.se]
Subject: A question about Warao

Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:42:11
From: Ljuba Veselinova [ljuba at ling.su.se]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4235.html&submissionid=4534946&topicid=8&msgnumber=1

I am looking for more detailed data on two negation markers in Warao,
a language isolate spoken in Venezuela. The negation markers in
question are _ana_ and _ekira_. They appear to be used differently
from the standard negation marker -naka which is suffixed on the verb
it negates. The only source on Warao I have is Figeroa-Romero (1997)

I would also like to get in touch with the author of the description I used,
Andrés Figeroa-Romero; I have tried to locate an email address at the
two universities where he appears to be affiliated but without any luck.

Any pointers to further information on negation in Warao or how to get
in touch with Prof. Figeroa-Romero will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Ljuba

Reference
Romero-Figeroa, Andrés. 1997. A Reference Grammar of Warao.
München: LINCOM Europa

Linguistic Field(s): Typology

          http://multitree.linguistlist.org/