22.4268, Jobs: Discourse/Corpus Analysis; Forensic Ling: Lecturer, U of Glasgow

Fri Oct 28 16:25:54 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4268. Fri Oct 28 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4268, Jobs: Discourse/Corpus Analysis; Forensic Ling: Lecturer, U of Glasgow

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 27-Oct-2011
From: Jeremy Smith [Jeremy.Smith at glasgow.ac.uk]
Subject: English; Discourse Analysis; Forensic Linguistics; Corpus Linguistics: Lecturer, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:24:28
From: Jeremy Smith [Jeremy.Smith at glasgow.ac.uk]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4268.html&submissionid=4535025&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Glasgow
Department: English Language, School of Critical Studies
Job Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/jobs
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Discourse Analysis; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Forensic Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

School of Critical Studies
Lecturer in English Language
Ref: A60076

Salary: Grade 7 £31,798 - £35,788 per annum

The School of Critical Studies seeks to appoint a Lecturer in English Language.
You will possess a good Honours and/or Masters degree in a relevant subject
as well as a completed PhD with demonstrable relevance to high-quality
teaching and expertise in discourse analysis and/or other related linguistic
subjects, and you will have an interest in developing Forensic Linguistics within
the School.

You will undertake high-quality research and teaching in English Language in the
field of discourse/corpus analysis and other related subjects, including the
development of forensic linguistics, and undertake administrative tasks as
reasonably requested.

Informal enquiries may be made to: Professor Jeremy Smith, Professor of
English Philology and Head of English Language, at the email address below.

Apply online at the application address below.

We anticipate interviewing for the position on 24th November.

The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.
The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.

Application Deadline: 04-Nov-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/jobs
Contact Information:
	Professor Jeremy Smith