22.4288, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Indiana U

Sat Oct 29 22:48:49 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4288. Sat Oct 29 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4288, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Indiana U

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 28-Oct-2011
From: Julie Abrams [abramsj at indiana.edu]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Indiana University, USA

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:47:41
From: Julie Abrams [abramsj at indiana.edu]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4288.html&submissionid=4535065&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Indiana University
Department: Department of Second Language Studies
Job Location: Indiana, USA
Web Address: http://www.indiana.edu/~dsls/
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

Indiana University
Department of Second Language Studies

seeks candidates for

Tenure-Track Assistant Professor

The Department of Second Language Studies announces a tenure-track position
at the Assistant Professor level for a candidate with a PhD in Second Language
Studies, Applied Linguistics, or Linguistics. Candidates must be actively
engaged in quantitative research on the effects of instruction on language
acquisition, including the acquisition of English. Documented excellence in
teaching, which should include classroom teaching of English as a second or
foreign language, is required. The teaching load will be two courses per
semester. Applicants should send a statement of interest, curriculum vitae,
sample publications, and three letters of recommendation by December 5, 2011,
to Professor Kathleen Bardovi-Harlig at the application address below. Visit us
on the web at the URL above.

Indiana University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Indiana
University encourages applications from women and minorities.

Application Deadline: 05-Dec-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Professor Kathleen Bardovi-Harlig
	Indiana University, Department of Second Language Studies
	Memorial Hall 313
	1021 E. Third Street
	Bloomington, IN 47405
	USA