22.4308, Jobs: Comp Ling: Speech Synthesis Researcher/Developer, Cepstral LLC

Mon Oct 31 16:24:11 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4308. Mon Oct 31 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4308, Jobs: Comp Ling: Speech Synthesis Researcher/Developer, Cepstral LLC

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 27-Oct-2011
From: Terry Lagace [careers at cepstral.com]
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Text-to-speech: Speech Synthesis Researcher/Developer, Cepstral LLC, Pennsylvania, USA

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 12:21:59
From: Terry Lagace [careers at cepstral.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4308.html&submissionid=4535013&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Cepstral LLC
Job Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Web Address: http://www.cepstral.com
Job Rank: Speech Synthesis Researcher/Developer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing; Text-To-Speech

Cepstral LLC is a global leader and innovator in Text-To-Speech (TTS).
Cepstral is a successful 10-year old CMU spin-out whose computer speech
technology makes desktop, server, and online applications talk.

Cepstral is seeking an innovative member of our core technology team to
work on the next generation of our core synthesis engine and its web delivery
and client software.  The successful candidate will be both a Researcher and
Software Developer who is interested in speech technology, has experience
in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Computational Linguistics, Digital
Signal Processing, and/or web development.  If you are sharp, innovative,
and want to create in this space, we want to meet you.

The candidate will have a voice in company direction, development agenda
and target markets.  A chance to author and create in a funded, high energy
environment.  Board of Directors, client, and partner interaction and
collaboration.  Great Southside offices in a secure building.

Requirements:
-  Required: Advanced degree or equivalent experience in one or more of the
following:
*  Speech Synthesis technology (Unit selection experience desirable)
*  Natural Language Processing.
*  Computational Linguistics especially in the context of speech
synthesis/recognition
-  Required: High proficiency in C or C++ is a must.

-  Highly desirable:
*  3 to 5 years experience writing / maintaining software in a commercial
setting.
*  Digital Signal Processing in the context of audio processing.
*  Web tools development
*  Good communication skills, within the team and facing customers and
partners.
*  Interest in product and Web/mobile delivery development.

-  Desirable:
*  Knowledge of Java, Perl, Mac, Windows, Linux
*  1 year experience in writing and debugging multi-threaded software.

The job is located in Pittsburgh and is not a telecommuting position.

Cepstral offers a compensation package which includes:
-  Paid vacation and sick days
-  Medical and Dental coverage
-  401 K
-  Equity - Unit Option Plan

Candidates should e-mail resume to the application email address below.  Be
sure to reference the title, Speech Synthesis Researcher/Developer, in the
subject line. Relevant degree  or its foreign equivalent is required.

See us on the web at the URL listed above and www.voiceforge.com

Email Address for Applications: careers at cepstral.com
Contact Information:
	Terry Lagace