22.3528, Jobs: Comp Ling: Professional Officer, Department of Defence

Fri Sep 9 15:38:48 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-3528. Fri Sep 09 2011. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 22.3528, Jobs: Comp Ling: Professional Officer, Department of Defence

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Editor for this issue: Kristen Dunkinson <kristen at linguistlist.org>

Date: 07-Sep-2011
From:  adcorp [apply at online.au]
Subject: Computational Linguistics: Professional Officer, Department of Defence, Adelaide, Australia

Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 11:35:41
From:  adcorp [apply at online.au]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-3528.html&submissionid=4531401&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: Department of Defence
Job Location: Adelaide, Australia
Job Rank: Professional Officer in Computational Linguistics

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics

Professional Officer in Computational Linguistics

APS 6 (S & T Level 3-4 above)
$69,642 - $79,555 (plus super)
Adelaide SA

-  Do you have high-level scientific research abilities?
-  Are you original and creative?
-  Are you skilled in computational linguistics techniques and research?

You will understand, apply and extend computational linguistics theory and
approaches to text processing in areas relevant to the needs of Defence
clients. You will have a PhD from an Australian tertiary institution, or
comparable overseas qualification in computational linguistics or a related
field. Excellent reading comprehension skills and a good working
understanding of English grammar and parts-of-speech are required, as is an
ability to work under minimal supervision.

Application Closing Date: 22 September 2011

For further information please review the job information pack, reference
DSTO/04040/11 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers.

Application Deadline: 22-Sep-2011

Web Address for Applications: http://www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
Contact Information